1000 Friends of Wisconsin is a membership-supported, non-profit organization. Founded in 1996, we have more than 2500 members from over 250 municipalities in Wisconsin, as well as several other states.
Membership support allows us to address many of Wisconsin’s most basic needs – from housing to transportation – and take advantage of many opportunities to accommodate growth in a sensible way.
Membership benefits include:
- Our quarterly newsletter Landscapes, containing land use information from across Wisconsin.
- For members with email access, connection to our email network, including legislative updates and other land use related news and alerts.
- Invitations to 1000 Friends of Wisconsin conferences, annual meetings and special events in your area.
- All donations to 1000 Friends of Wisconsin are tax deductible.
How to Join and Contribute
1) Make a secure online donation to 1000 Friends of Wisconsin through Network for Good
2) Send a check or credit card information using our membership form (pdf)
3) Payroll Deduction: We are a member of Community Shares of Wisconsin, an umbrella organization that raises money to support a wide variety of non-profit groups.
4) Employer Match: Check to see if your employer has a matching contribution program and be sure to take advantage of the double impact of your gift.
5) Donate appreciated stocks and bonds to 1000 Friends to possibly avoid paying capital gains taxes. Please call us for more information.
6) Make a bequest by naming 1000 Friends as a beneficiary of specific assets in your will.
7) Make a gift in memory of or in honor of a friend or loved one.
For additional information on membership benefits, please contact our office at 608-259-1000.