SB 266 (Smart Growth Repeal bill) voted out of committee!
The bill now goes to the full senate for a vote. Stay tuned for updates!
1000 Friends of Wisconsin was created nearly 20 years ago to help write this law to protect important natural and cultural features in your community.
This is our legacy and we will fight to protect smart growth – but we need your help!
Tell your legislators:
- Wisconsin Smart Growth Law requires local resident participation in developing comprehensive plans.
- Wisconsin Smart Growth Law assures that any change to local plans must first have a local hearing so that residents have a say in any changes.
- Wisconsin Smart Growth Law helps communities by allowing all facets of planning to be conducted at once.
- Smart Growth has been the law in Wisconsin for 15 years – and it works!
- Without Smart Growth Comprehensive Planning, unplanned development could harm property values.
Click here to find your legislators and their contact information.