Leafing Out: A Webinar Series to Inspire Care for Trees
Follow our monthly webinars to learn fun and useful facts about the trees in your yard and in your community! Experts in urban forestry and beyond will share their stories and expertise on what to plant, what bird and wildlife your trees are attracting, and how you can advocate for trees in your community, and so much more.
Everyone is welcome to tune in to the webinars- come for the whole hour or just for the time you’re available! Check the schedule below to see the other topics we’ll be covering. All of the webinars will occur on Thursdays, 12:00-1:00 unless otherwise noted.
(1) – January 28th, 2021 – Tree Appreciation with Dr. Bruce Allison – Webinar Recording Available Here.
The following webinars have been produced in collaboration with the Dane County Tree Board
(2) – February 18th, 2021 – Tree Pruning Basics with Lisa Johnson – Webinar Recording Available Here.
(3) – March 11th, 2021 – Selecting Your Tree – Diverse and Unique Species with Jay Weiss – Webinar Recording Available Here.
(4) – March 25th, 2021 – Selecting Your Tree – Fruit Trees with Paul Schwabe – Webinar Recording Available Here.
(5) – April 15th, 2021 – Common Tree Diseases with Brian Hudelson – Webinar Recording Available Here.
(6) – May 20th, 2021, 6:30-7:30 PM – Small Insects Can Cause Big Problems with August Hoppe – Webinar Recording Available Here.
We allocated 22 bare-root trees to Wisconsin residents to be planted as part of our Leafing Out webinar series. In the spirit of species diversity, we offered five different species to the tree giveaway participants: Shablow Serviceberry, Accolade Elm, Hackberry, Swamp White Oak, and Kentucky Coffeetree. Keep an eye out for pictures and updates of the the trees as they get planted!